Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ocean, NJ

I know that Tempurpedic mattresses are great but the prices are really high. I would love an adjustable mattress if I can find one for under $2500. It doesn't have to be adjustable. I don't want memory foam because I already have night sweats and I hear that they are hot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

April 28, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members rallied around the question of finding an affordable alternative to expensive Tempurpedic mattresses, with several sharing that they... Read more

Members rallied around the question of finding an affordable alternative to expensive Tempurpedic mattresses, with several sharing that they found relief through budget-friendly memory foam options from retailers like Overstock.com and Simmons, noting that many foam manufacturers source from the same suppliers and that price differences often reflect foam grades rather than quality. Many community members described their personal experiences with memory foam, reassuring the original poster that despite concerns about night sweats, the mattresses did not make them hotter than traditional options, with some using cooling pillows or toppers for additional comfort. A recurring theme was the value of Tempurpedic mattress toppers as an economical compromise, available at stores like Sam's Club and Walmart in various thicknesses, offering significant pain relief and pressure point support without the full cost of a complete Tempurpedic bed.

A myRAteam Member

I bought an inexpensive memory foam mattress from Overstock.com long before I was diagnosed with RA. Best purchase I've ever made. I, too, was concerned it would make me sweaty, but it has never done so; same temp as traditional mattress.

April 29, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I couldn't do pillow top anymore. Not enough support. Too many pressure points with regular mattress. My body hurt more when i woke up 4 to 5 times a night. We bought a temperpedic. Love it. I get back to sleep faster after waking up. It was expensive but it will outlast any regular mattress and it helps my body more.

April 28, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I'm a true believer in my cushion top. Don't like all those fancy ones. I have a pillow with a "cooling pad" which helps, although I still get up and my hair is dripping wet. Night sweats SUCK.

April 28, 2016
A myRAteam Member

You can always get one of the mattress toppers that are temperpedic. They have them at Sam's, Wal-mart and other places. They come in different thicknesses and are considerably less money. We have one on our bed that is 3" thick and it's made a big difference for me.

May 2, 2016
A myRAteam Member

We have bought two tempurpedic mattresses of them. We had a queen but recently got a king size. Yes they are expensive but so comfortable. We financed 0% interest for 6 years for our bed, mattress and foundations. I don't think we will ever own another brand!

April 29, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ontario, CA

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Adak, AK

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Pekin, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In